Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Going Conservative And Doubling My Money... WTF?

After June's wipe out, I decided to stop trying to get rich in one month.  Why not try something more conservative?  Something safer?  After all, profits of 4% to 6% per week are not that bad and not really hard to get.  Compound my weekly profits and...  let's see...

The wipe out left me with only $1,267.72... 

At 4% per week for eleven months... 

Compounding my weekly profits... 

Holy Crap!!  That's $8,329.59!!  That's 550% in one year.  I'm still laughing at the ridiculous amounts that a spreadsheet will gladly ejaculate for you if teased with enough numbers for a long enough time. 

We are only a few days away from the end of July.  Assuming a compounded growth of 4% per week, by 4:00 p.m. Friday my account balance should be $1,483.05.  That's 16.99%.  It sounds easy if you think about it in terms of 4% profit per week.  However, the actual meaning of 16.99% per month is a bit hard to swallow.  Let's see if I'll be choking this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment